This delicious dish is made with cottage cheese, eggs, protein powder and almond flour and makes a low carb breakfast. Enjoy with a little bit of grass fed butter. Pancakes are a favorite breakfast indulgence, but this recipe is made with such wholesome ingredients that it’s possible to enjoy pancakes whenever the mood strikes you! Starting your day with a nutritious, filling and protein-packed meal like this one will keep you on track with your food choices all day long.
Here’s what you need…
- ½ cup high quality protein powder
- ½ cup almond flour (or oats)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 10 drops liquid stevia (or half a banana)
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- Combine the protein powder, almond flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl. Mix until fully combined.
- In a food processor combine the stevia, eggs, cottage cheese and milk. Add the dry ingredients and pulse to combine.
- Heat a pancake griddle over medium heat. Grease with the coconut oil, cook the batter by ¼ cup scoops until bubbles form, then flip and cook the other side until golden. Serve with grass fed butter. Enjoy!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 311 calories, 12g fat, 11g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 37g protein.